We are Hiring a Children’s Director
- Sunday May 14 2023 – The Breath of God - May 12, 2023
- Sunday May 7 2023 – The Voice of God (Baptism) - May 5, 2023
- Sunday April 30 2023 – The Presence of God - April 28, 2023
At Clarkson Community Church we are looking for someone with a love for kids to be our next Children’s Director. Between our Summer Camp, Saga Kids Club and Sunday Mornings we have lots of kids we are connected with and we are hoping to find the right person to lead them into the future.
The Children’s Director will work within the mission and vision of the church to provide ministry oversight to children from birth to grade 5. Through leadership, discipleship and programming the Children’s Director will work across our Saga Sunday, midweek and Summer Camp programs to see children fulfil God’s call on their lives to:
Live By Faith, by teaching children the Biblical story, allowing them to hear about the love of God, come to faith in Christ, and live out their faith in all areas of their lives.
be Known By Love, by developing deep and meaningful friendships between adults and children, within the church and neighbourhood, as they learn about and experience the kingdom work of serving one another in love.
become a Voice of Hope, by teaching children and their families to see life beyond themselves, and share the hope of Jesus with others through their lives, their actions and their words.
And to do this through…
- Getting to know and caring for children and engaging their needs,
- Providing welcoming and caring environments for children and families of all ages, abilities and status,
- Building relationship within families, and between church and neighbourhood families,
- Identifying curriculum and content that shapes and forms children in the way of Christ,
- Forming, training and equipping teams of volunteer leaders.
- A life informed by your christian faith,
- An understanding of and experience with children, their development and how they learn,
- A desire to engage neighbourhood families in the story of Jesus,
- A desire to work with and resource parents and families for discipleship within the family,
- An ability to work in a team environment,
- Self-motivation and initiative that leads to effective ministry
- A passion for evangelism and showing God’s love to the neighbouring community,
- Communication, time management, teaching, and a valid drivers licence
- Ability to assess needs, create goals and follow through with implementation
- Experience in encouraging, motivating and supporting volunteers,
- Experience with the development or selection of teaching curriculum for children.
- Experience in Christian Camping or appropriate education is beneficial
- Experience in caring for and developing support systems for children with exceptionalities,
- Discipleship relationships with children, seeking to encourage connections between children, leaders and parents across the church and community.
- Program development for Sunday morning and midweek Saga programs (Thursday), ensuring relevant, engaging and age appropriate content.
- Leadership development through supervision, mentoring and coaching of leaders to work with and care for children, ensuring they are resourced and equipped for ministry
- Administration through ensuring that communication, organization and administration are in place to support the discipleship, programming and leadership of Children’s Ministry.
- Summer Camp support, particularly for Day Camp by working alongside the Family Pastor to ensure an engaging and effective Camp.
In addition to these primary responsibilities, the children’s director will also
- Recruit, Screen, Train, Schedule and Empower volunteers
- Work as part of the Pastoral team to provide care & discipleship for children and their families
(please click here to see the Job Description, which has more information on these responsibilities
Support and accountability will be provided by the Family Pastor, with the support of key Saga leaders
This is a full-time, permanent position. Start date is planned for the fall of 2018.
The Children’s Ministry Director will be expected to participate regularly in the life of the church.
In addition to Sunday mornings and one evening during the week, the applicant will be expected to participate in pastoral team meetings and maintain regular office hours at the church.
While we will review all resumes, we will only contact those we intend to interview. Applications will remain open until we fill the role. A cover letter and resume can be sent to:
with the subject line “Clarkson Church Children’s Director”
Chartwell Children’s Director
c/o Tammy Pierce
Clarkson Community Church
1880 Lakeshore Rd. West